Saturday, September 24, 2005

Seasons Roll

October skies
Brought dreams of demise
In those dormant times

Clouds like the storms
Of three months before
Made my greens no more

Despising browns
That littered the ground
Ever brought me down

I wept at grays
Tried to turn away
And lost track of days

This heart of mine
Fell in love with pines
Let it please remind

Message to send
So said my best friend
That greens have no end

How true that rings
While waiting for Spring
My soul starts to sing

Viridian
I gaze at the glen
My love comes again


-me

and my
  • green


  • This work was insipred by my new neighbor. He lives in my old apartment next door. I met him once to give him some dishwasher soap that I had left over due to the fact that I have no dishwasher in my new place. Then, on the 21st of September, I came home to find a note taped to my door and a bag around my door knob. The bag contained homade goods. A jar of corn soup, a jar of canned vegetables, and a bottle of wine.

    The note attached read,
    "As the days begin to shorten, and the toils of Summer are gathered, let us not forget to give thanks and share with others the bounty. Happy Autumn Solstice! -J. Michael, #204"

    I wept at this kindness as I unwrapped the gifts that I was given.

    Thank you, Universe. You have fabulous timing.

    2 Comments:

    At 9/24/2005 11:18:00 PM, Blogger sassinak said...

    it's funny how the universe has a bit of a tendency to do that ne?

    funny what happens if you just hold on and let go :)

     
    At 3/07/2007 05:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    hit counters
    Business DSL