Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Work in Progress

This was coughed up in less than an hour but I like it so far. I hope to nurture this into a song at some point.



i have to go away now
i have one extra seat
for you if you wanna now
said at the last meet
but last is last
its in the past
there's no double back

made your choice
listen to me
my voice
its true
this seat fits more than you
and its you I lose
but I still don't lose
cuz we're poised to fly
not flee but try
not with me
to sever this tie
its sad and I'm glad
this state of broken me
but broke and free

and thanks again
i'll never be the same
its a shame
the time it took
to share the blame
accusatory games
and story after story
no winners no glory
in this sort of quarrel
thwarted
after I invested
in hind sight detested

but why'd you have to show me
who you are and never
want to touch me again
you're locked in your pen
i can't reach you
shit I lost another friend

we toasted the moon
and drank Kool-Aid
but I had to spit
can't take the taste of shit
it was worth what I made
of myself the price I paid
to quit playing charades
you begin to fade
your shades dissolving
under paths now laid

-me

6 Comments:

At 10/12/2005 11:53:00 AM, Blogger sassinak said...

damm dude

that shit is really cool, i particularly like the kool aid reference at the end.

also, you seem to be healing faster than expected?

 
At 10/12/2005 12:37:00 PM, Blogger Hubris said...

Thanks, Sass. I plan to play with it till it has a more musical rhythm to it.

As for healing, I might be. After all you suggested that it started way earlier before we broke up. I just didn't know I was mourning yet.

 
At 10/12/2005 06:13:00 PM, Blogger sassinak said...

well just don't play so much that it loses it's edge

also yeah... amazing how much mourning often gets done in advance...

 
At 10/12/2005 07:19:00 PM, Blogger Hubris said...

I've been feeling great lately. A breath of freedom if you will. Imagine how I'll feel after a year or 2 of counseling. I think I look forward to that version of me. INTRODUCING!!: Hubris Humility v28.6! Faster, smarter, streamlined & sexy, and even crashes your system far less than previous versions!... hopefully

 
At 10/13/2005 12:47:00 AM, Blogger sassinak said...

hee
and you're getting your non bitter funny back too!

 
At 4/23/2007 10:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Mobile phones sale australia laser hair removal Free online driver s education Dental dunwoody group Baldwinsville web site marketing weight loss plan Polyhedra patents faucet Us car breakdown cover Always funny in a car crash sort Housing lotteries in new york city Ultram retard side effects impotence online pharmacy hydrocodone license plate frames whorses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
Business DSL