Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Saved By A Team of Russian Super-Heroes!

I was at work today and BFI came and emptied our dumpster completely. At this news, my boss says he wants the entire heap of cardboard & trash out of the back hall and into the dumpster outside. Cool with me, I like those days when I get to do something slightly out of the norm. So our dumpster is in the back alley where many people park and deliveries come & go. I get this entire pile outside first (for security) and then began to move it over to the dumpster. Slow work because there was so much to throw away that we would have gotten screwed by the Fire Chief had he decided to inspect the safety of our roomy halls. Seriously, a 20 ft. long hall that is at least 6 ft. wide and we had inches to squeeze through.

So just as I start moving the pile, this guy runs up, looks at my pile of garbage and shouts, "OKAY GUYS, LET'S GIVE HIM A HAND WITH THIS!!!" Before I know what's going on, 5 or 6 large men hop out of a tractor truck and rush over to my trash heap & carry it ALL to the dumpster and throw it in!

x*What the fuck!?*x

Where did these garbage ninjas come from? They materialized out of thin air and were gone as quick as they came. Along with a whole 15 minutes of heavy trash humping that I'd have had to do all alone. I was of course grateful; and felt a little like I had just been rescued from some kind of diabolical Supreme Sludge Lord of the deep that had been festering in our back hallway for the last two months. I realized later that they had a tight schedule to keep and that my garbage monster was occupying the entire available driveway of our back alley. As they left, I wasn't sure whether to wave or salute or fold my helpless hands together and place them over my wanting heart like the damsel in distress of old lame tales.

What an amusing morning...

4 Comments:

At 10/12/2005 06:12:00 PM, Blogger sassinak said...

damn dude that's AWESOME!

like AWESOME

no really words fail me.

my fucking 5:30 cancelled at the last minute so i have to kill an hour... went for noodles :)

 
At 10/12/2005 07:07:00 PM, Blogger Hubris said...

Yeah, I seriously could not believe my eyes. I did not see the truck or that guy before he ran up & shouted. That was a very movie-like moment. I just had to recount that shit!

 
At 10/13/2005 12:43:00 AM, Blogger sassinak said...

well yeah dude of COURSE you did!

 
At 2/22/2007 11:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
Business DSL