Monday, January 09, 2006

Sentence: The Chair

I fear it. At least twice a month. This monster haunts my dreams. It waits silently, patiently, around the corner. I can see its self spawning ooze running down onto the floor inching ever closer to my hiding place. At the very last second, I spring from my slumber drenched in sweat, stumble to the bathroom and stare into the mirror, shaking. I splash some water on my face as so many do when nightmares come. Only, I wake up to the reality that this creature must be faced. I cannot kill it. I cannot break it. I can only appease it, subdue it for a fortnight until it is angry again.

WAIT LISTEN!! This is no ordinary monster! It wears a disguise if child-like innocence, I tell you the truth! I am strong enough to fight it but not defeat it. I AM the byronic hero that fights relentlessly. The monster? It is a demonic high-chair that a sweet little boy needs to use to have his meals. This chair throws food onto every nearby surface. As such, it must be cleaned. And wow... My predecessor would drag this beast into the shower of cleanly-Godliness, sizzling off all that was evil & encrusted. But the chair prevailed. My predecessor laid down her fiery sword so that she could rest (and teach Pilates). I now carry the burden. I must first soak it for an hour with cleaning spray, scrape the evil loose with only a toothbrush & a butter-knife (thanks to many nooks & crannies), THEN, I too, drag it into the shower of cleanly-Godliness.

We are safe.


For now...

8 Comments:

At 1/10/2006 12:38:00 PM, Blogger sassinak said...

i know
it's fucking AMAZING how filthy and gross that thing gets

and the smell sometimes?

 
At 1/10/2006 01:02:00 PM, Blogger Lance said...

What the fuck are you two talking about?

 
At 1/10/2006 01:58:00 PM, Blogger Hubris said...

Cleaning for money

 
At 1/10/2006 02:25:00 PM, Blogger Tom Cavnar said...

Wow... That is scary stuff.

 
At 1/10/2006 03:56:00 PM, Blogger sassinak said...

yeah man, it's the scariest.

it's the smell, i can't get over how bad baby food can smell after a few days... and the cushion is UNcleanable which sucks too

 
At 1/10/2006 04:16:00 PM, Blogger Hubris said...

Really? I clean it just fine...

 
At 1/10/2006 04:51:00 PM, Blogger sassinak said...

what i mean is you can't put the cushion in the wash so you can only wipe it... BUT the inside just sorta festers...

 
At 3/06/2007 08:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
Business DSL